OK, I’m just gonna come out and say it. THESE PRINCIPLES WILL TAKE YOUR PERSONAL BRAND TO THE NEXT LEVEL.
Ahhhh….I feel better now.
I can’t express how awesome it was to listen to the legendary Success Coach, Brian Tracy. He’s authored numerous books, many of which are bestsellers. The wealth of knowledge this gentleman has, and the passion he puts behind it is astounding.
Of course I took notes, and I couldn’t resit the opportunity to summarize all ten points, into a full blog post. Actually, I’ll be delivering the information over three posts so it will be easier for you to digest. The information that will be presented in this blog series was taken from Brian Tracy’s famous presentation called 10 Keys to Personal Power.
Please, I beg you, share this information with others, because I feel ridiculously compelled to challenge the status quo, and I’m on a mission to do so through personal branding. You see, personal branding isn’t simply a thing that tries to separate whose a better marketer that the other, but rather, it’s a way of life, that when practiced, will attract people and opportunities into your life that will allow you to do great things for others. Oh man I can go on and on, but I digress.
So, are you ready to get your socks knocked off. Here are the first three keys that will lead to a powerful, unstoppable, personal brand. Let’s go.
1: Clarity: Thinking Clearly
The ability to determine to exactly what it is you want to be do and have in life.
- Be decisive
- 80% of decisions should be made the first time they come up: If you make a decision you gather momentum.
- To have a vision for yourself and your life: Have a dream. Where people lack visions, they die inside.
- Focus on results, not activity
In regards to your job…questions to ask yourself
- What results are expected of me?
- Why am I on the payroll?
Method to meet your goals:
- Write out your goals – specifically
- Every morning rewrite your major goals in the first person singular as if they already existed.
- Review progress.
- Ask what did I do right, and what would I do differently if I had to do the day over again.
Be very clear, specific, precise, in your language.
The commitment to become excellent in your given field.
You must commit yourself to excellence.
- Excellence is a journey
- Complacency + satisfaction = enemy of excellence
- “Do your best every time out and always strive to do it better” – Brian Tracy
If you are not excellent in your field, you won’t go anywhere
- Excellence yields opportunities.
- The harder you work the better you get.
- Less than 5 percent of the population will be successful
Excellent rewards for excellent work
- Average rewards for average work
- Below average for below average work
- Do not stay in a job you do not love.
The ability to focus and concentrate, are the keys to success. Anything other than the top items on your list, is a waste of your time.
- Develop the ability to focus on one thing at a time.
What is the most valuable use of my time right now.
- At each moment of the day
- Develop a sense of urgency
- Get the reputation as the person who does things fast
- Get the reputation of speed and dependability
Complete each job that you start: Get on the job and stay with it till you are finished
What qualities would put you on the fast track?
- Set priorities
- Sense of urgency
In summary, the first three keys are: Clarity, Competence, and Concentration
So that wraps up the first part of three. I hope that you’ve been taking notes, and don’t relax, there’s more to come.